Ypsilanti Promise Programs
Early College Promise
Washtenaw Community College, Ypsilanti Community Schools and the Washtenaw ISD developed a four plus one program specifically for Ypsilanti Community Schools. The Early College Promise is designed so students:
- Graduate with college credit or a career credential
- Take college courses while enrolled in high school
- Students attend for five years and follow a specific, five-year program of instruction.
- Ypsilanti Community Schools will actively work to identify students with the potential to be successful in a four plus one program as early as middle school.
Degree Completion Promise
The Degree Completion Promise is for students who participated in the Early College Promise. It offers a scholarship to assist students who want to complete their Bachelor’s degree at Eastern Michigan University or in an Associate 3+1 Transfer Program at Washtenaw Community College.
- The Degree Completion Promise will provide funding for up to 64 credits to eligible students who participated in the Early College Promise and successfully completed the five-year program of instruction, earning an Associate’s degree or 60 transferable hours of college credit
College to Career Promise
For students who did not participate in the Early College Promise, the College to Career Promise offers a scholarship for a career certificate, associate’s degree, or transfer program (up to 60 credits) at Washtenaw Community College.
The Gateway Promise is a competitive scholarship for students with cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better. This scholarship is designed to recognize students who have demonstrated a strong work ethic and resource-seeking skills. The Gateway Promise will award a maximum of 20 one-time scholarships in the amount of $1,000. This money will be distributed evenly over two semesters directly to Washtenaw Community College toward the cost of tuition and fees.
- Gateway Promise recipients who maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher each semester of their freshman year at Washtenaw Community College will be eligible to apply for the College to Career Promise in subsequent years.
The Future Promise will be available to graduates of Ypsilanti Community Schools as funds become available. The Future Promise scholarship will provide Ypsilanti Community Schools graduates with the opportunity to attend any Michigan public post-secondary institution with up to a 100% tuition scholarship.