Promise Program Guidelines
To be eligible for the Early College Promise students must:
- Attend Ypsilanti Community Schools
- Achieve or exceed the college readiness scores on the ACT or COMPASS exams
- Have a positive disciplinary record and meet 90% attendance or better during middle school – it is expected that students attend on a regular basis
- Complete 30 hours of community service during middle school – 10 hours per year
- Have a parent, guardian and/or mentor sign a student success agreement
- Have a cumulative 2.5 grade point average (GPA) or better upon completion of middle school
- Enrolled students must maintain compliance with the academic standards of Ypsilanti Community Schools and Eastern Michigan University or Washtenaw Community College
- Student must make regular progress toward a specific five-year program of instruction and maintain a 2.5 or better GPA.
To be eligible for a Ypsilanti Promise Scholarship students must:
- Reside within the boundaries of Ypsilanti Community Schools, without interruption, for at least the four years of high school.
- Attend Ypsilanti Community Schools, continuously, without interruption, from at least the beginning of 9th grade, and through to graduation.
- The scholarship benefit is pro-rated based on the student’s length of attendance (total number of full grades completed) in Ypsilanti Community Schools while living within the YCS District Boundaries
- Have a positive disciplinary record and meet 90% attendance or better during high school
- Complete 40 hours of community service during high school – 10 hours per year
- Have a cumulative 2.5 grade point average (GPA) or better upon graduation from Ypsilanti Community Schools
- Be admitted and enrolled at Eastern Michigan University or Washtenaw Community College
- Complete FAFSA application for financial aid
- Enrolled students must maintain compliance with the academic standards of Eastern Michigan University or Washtenaw Community College
- Be enrolled as a full time student, typically a minimum of 12 credit hours a semester
- Earn a 2.0 or better cumulative GPA and successfully complete 67% of classes with a passing grade. If a student fails a class or withdraws from a class after the refund date, the student will be financially obligated to pay for the class.
- Annually complete the FAFSA application and reapply for the Promise Scholarship
Programs and eligibility criteria subject to change.